Christian music/ worship music that I recommend.
Feel free to add your own review after mine!

Find lots more worship resources at www.playworshipnow.com

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Newest from Hillsong United and Hillsong (2009)

I'm putting these two albums together because they're basically like one very long album. There are many of the same artists and writers on both, including Joel Houston, Brooke Ligertwood, and Reuben Morgan.

Let's talk about the United album first. They have a really catchy sound with this CD. A lot of the songs are fun to get into and jump around with. They're branching out musically, and my favorite is "More than Anything" because it's different and has unexpected rhythms!


Also, "Tear Down the Walls" is a really intense song written by Joel Houston as Hillsong made their way across the world, and they realize that it's all about love. Heh.... how do I know this? I went to a Hillsong worship leaders conference, and that's what he said.

And on the "big Hillsong" CD, as we like to call them, Darlene leads on 2 of the songs. To compare this CD with Hillsong United's, it's more calm, but also very powerful lyrically. My favorite on this is "Glow" because it has a nostalgic feel and it's in 3/4 time (triplet feel), which is fun.



I am a big fan of Hillsong/Hillsong United because they're servants of the cross and I respect them for using their musical talent for God's glory and giving youth groups fun songs to worship to!

No comments:

Post a Comment